Idea

Rich Joslin avatar image
Rich Joslin suggested

Starter Bundles for new players

It'd be nice to use Game Manager to configure a bundle to be granted to every player the first time they log in to a title.

Even nicer would be to be able to re-grant the starter bundle to everyone without granting duplicate items. Then you can alter the starter bundle and early adopters still get the new stuff. I think adding inventory quantity limits should do the trick.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

4 Comments

·
Rich Joslin avatar image
Rich Joslin commented

On second thought, there would be times where I would want an item to have an inventory limit that is more than what the starter bundle grants. So that means if I wanted the starter bundle to be re-grantable, it'd be more complicated. The starter bundle logic would have to be more like "make sure they have at least this many of this, otherwise grant them n of them". It also means nothing in the starter bundle should be consumable. So yeah, it gets complicated...

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Indeed, it can - that's why I'd recommend having an "onLogin" Cloud Script, that your clients call when they sign in. That way, you can precisely customize the things you need to do in order to "set up" a player account, or make changes over time.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Also, you can now create a bundle and automatically grant it to all new players by making it the PlayStream Action for the event player_added_title.

1 comment
10 |1200

Yaser avatar image Yaser commented ·

Hello @Brendan.

I'm trying to do exactly that, and it's working, however, I'm facing one slight problem:

On creating the player account, I'm using the LoginWithCustomIDRequest, and I'm setting the InfoRequestParameters property: GetUserInventory as true, to retrieve the player inventory.

The problem is that I get an empty inventory from the LoginResult:

PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithCustomID(request,
            delegate (LoginResult loginResult) {loginResult.InfoResultPayload.UserInventory...

But in the Game Manager, I can see the new player's inventory as having the bundled Items.

So should I request a GetUserInventoryRequest from the client-side to get the inventory items?

Another question please, when I grant the bundle, the player gets the bundle's items added to their inventory,

but they also get the bundle as an item, should I set the Use Count to 0 to remove the bundle (not the bundle's items, just the bundle itself) from the inventory?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
dragonfoundry avatar image
dragonfoundry commented

Aww. I can't like this because it's completed. :-( anyway, I like this!

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas