Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Dashboard Character editor

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Xspenc3r
started a topic on Thu, 27 August 2015 at 9:53 PM

I would like to see a way to edit a players characters through the PlayFab dashboard exactly how I can edit the stats, data, inventory, etc. of the player itself. Currently I had to make my own editor just so I can see the data and edit it while I am testing.

That being said, I noticed there is no way to delete character Stats or Data. I can use ResetCharacterStatistics and rebuild the stats leaving out the one I want to delete but it is not ideal. For character data, once I add it it's stuck there unless I remove and re-add the character. Is there any way to go about this currently? I also notice this is the same for players where stats and data are additive. This seems ok after testing but even then a stat or piece of data may become obsolete and just take up space.

3 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 28 August 2015 at 12:41 AM

Yes, you can remove any data Key by setting the Value to null. Since statistics are used to generate leaderboards, it is not possible to remove a player's statistic value, though you can set it to zero if you choose to.

Brendan

Xspenc3r said on Fri, 28 August 2015 at 1:41 AM

Thanks for the reply. This worked perfectly.

Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 28 August 2015 at 9:20 AM

Quite welcome. And so that everyone is aware, Character editing in the Game Manager is on our backlog. If it's also important to your title to have this functionality, please do let us know on this thread.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas