Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Max Recharging Currency Per User

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

2 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

smartcarrion
started a topic on Tue, 02 June 2015 at 1:07 AM

I'm using a slow regenerating virtual currency like candy crush's "hearts" system, and I would like to allow people to upgrade their maximum hearts. So instead of being stuck at 5, they could unlock the ability to store 10.

As they upgrade, the hearts could then regenerate up to their upgraded value.

It would also be a nice option to be able to clamp the value to the max of the currency so that it could never go over the max.That is lower priority as it isn't terribly difficult to code on the client.

2 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 10 June 2015 at 6:27 PM

The best way to enable this right now would be to:

1. Add an "ExtraHearts" to your game's Catalog. This gives you the ability to purchase it or grant it, as needed.

2. Add the currency in your Virtual Currency list in PlayFab. When the player purchases this, that switches your logic to using this secondary Virtual Currency. The logic for playing a game session would then check this second currency's balance before play, and only take results if the play session was "authorized" by there being a remaining balance.

For clamping, the regenerating currencies will never regenerate beyond the max set in the Game Manager. It's possible for you to grant more than that amount to the player, but it will not regenerate until it drops below the max regeneration level.

smartcarrion said on Fri, 10 July 2015 at 12:36 PM

I should add to this, ideally I could alter the Max recharge value, and the recharge rate on a per user basis. I can work on doing this in other ways, but it would be nice if it was some kind of admin API call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darkchariotstudios avatar image
darkchariotstudios commented

Any chance this will be refactored someday to allow for per-user max currencies?

2 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Copied from the other thread where you were asking about this (so that others have all the info if they encounter this later): In general (and regardless of the feature), the answer to this will almost always be that if enough developers ask for the same thing, that helps to prioritize it in our backlog. And for that, I'd recommend adding a detailed write-up of what it is you have in mind to our Feature Requests forum, so that others can "like" it, to let us know of their interest.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrew Irvine avatar image Andrew Irvine commented ·

I guess not, shame.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas