Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Ability to customize the Reset Password email

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Arzoo avatar image Arzoo commented ·

Iqraarzoofaisalfaisal@gmail.com please rest password my id

0 Likes 0 ·

10 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Brendan Vanous
started a topic on Thu, 12 February 2015 at 2:43 PM

Request from a developer:

The ability to customize the password reset email (sent to the player as a result of a call to Client/SendAccountRecoveryEmail, Admin/SendAccountRecoveryEmail, or using the Send Password Reset Email option in the Game Manager) for a given Publisher ID.

3 Comments
Politicalpeacestudios said on Tue, 08 September 2015 at 9:33 AM

Has this feature been added yet?

Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 08 September 2015 at 11:44 AM

No, items in our Feature Requests forum are here so that we can get feedback from developers, to help prioritize. We focus on the most critical needs first, and work to prioritize the rest based upon the feedback we get. When we do implement a feature that's in this forum, we post an update to the thread, to make sure everyone is aware. Right now, there are a number if issues that more folks are asking for, so we don't currently have an expected date for this feature.

Brendan

Politicalpeacestudios said on Tue, 08 September 2015 at 9:53 PM

This would be a great feature to add in the near future. So developers can better brand themselves. I would make the Free Tier have the Playfab email that currently sends now, then once you upgrade to standard you can customize the email to better fit your project. Thanks for the reply Brendan, i look forward to seeing this feature one day.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andypiro avatar image
andypiro commented

Any progress on this one?  I have to admit, this feels like a huge issue for us.  Since we aren't branding our accounts as "Playfab Accounts" if our users receive an email from Playfab with no mention of our application it's going to feel very confusing.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

We've had a few requests for this, but not as many as you might think - I believe most titles aren't using email/password, since it's so high-friction (note the fact that no one's voting this up). This is something we want to address, but it's likely going to be a while before it bubbles up the priority stack. We are going to be adding methods to change user email and password to the Server API set in the near future, though, as that's been requested by several developers for their community web sites (pre-launch games), so that could be an option for you in the near-term.

10 |1200

Senader avatar image
Senader commented

This would be extremely useful. TBH, I've been disappointed when testing the functionality that my Title Game isn't even showing anywhere :(

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Where are you expecting to see your game's Title, specifically? It should always be in the upper right corner of the Game Manager, and the only place where a user might get a message from us with a name would be the password reset email. Which we'll be taking care of soon.

10 |1200

Senader avatar image
Senader commented

We're on the post suggesting a customization of the reset password email so I was talking about that case :)

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Yes, understood. I'm asking where else you're expecting to see your game's title, other than the reset email?

10 |1200

PelleB avatar image
PelleB commented

I have an idea that could motivate this feature better.

So the premise is that it is tough to force an user to create a new account for every game, and there is better options available such as linking a facebook account etc etc.

But some times users dont really want to link a facebook account or whatever option we can offer them, but if they spend money on the game or invest time into it they want to know that investment is safe, so what developers could do is to prompt the players to just enter their emails to "save their progress", this would just link their playfabprofile with an email and a bogus random password, the next time they need to actually recover their account, they enter their password and they get a "confirmation code" instead of a new password and presto, low(er) friction! they dont need to remember a new password, yet fully secure can recover their account.

Possibly...

It is just an idea and the system should be 100% capable of doing this as long as we can customize the recover email a little bit.

2 comments
10 |1200

renanssba avatar image renanssba commented ·

totally agree with you, PelleB. seems like a nice workaround to lower the user friction.

In my case this is a very important feature, as I live in Brazil and few people here can read and understand English. So, to customize the password recovery emails would be vital for my public and other people using PlayFab in other non-english speaking countries.

Still no expected date for this feature?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan renanssba commented ·

Actually, we have been able to get custom emails (particularly for password resets) into the current sprint, so you'll be seeing this feature come online in the coming weeks.

0 Likes 0 ·
grahamwatson avatar image
grahamwatson commented

+1 vote for this feature.

10 |1200

forest avatar image
forest commented

Still very interested in this feature. Any updates?

1 comment
10 |1200

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

This request was marked completed and can be accomplished by following the tutorial here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/engagement/emails/using-email-templates-to-send-an-account-recovery-email.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas