Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Twitter OAuth (another 3rd party authentication service)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

7 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

johntube
started a topic on Sat, 31 January 2015 at 6:22 PM

It would be nice if you could integrate a lot of Twitter features into PlayFab, for starter the authentication.

2 Comments
Hotmiyacchi said on Wed, 29 July 2015 at 4:06 AM

Twitter and LINE is the strongest authentication in Japan.

I'm considering to integrate playfab but the most reason to give up is that.

I hope you to let me know the expectation to support them.

sketchwork said on Fri, 14 August 2015 at 3:56 AM

Yes, Twitter is getting a massive following worldwide and would be a great addition to PlayFab.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

piteco@gmail.com avatar image
piteco@gmail.com commented

Yeah, it would be great to have Twitter integration, but considering that 10 months after your request there's still no official reply, it doesn't seem to be on their plans...

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

The Feature Requests forum is for developers to let us know their wish list. We make sure to track on all the people who have asked for things, and use the number of titles a feature could impact as part of determining prioritization. As you can see from this thread, there have been very few requests for this feature, however. That said, I've added your name to our tracking for this one.

1 comment
10 |1200

Tommy Li avatar image Tommy Li commented ·

My reply seems to be filtered, but I just want to say that 4 years later this feature is still needed, especially with all the Facebook fiasco.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tommy Li avatar image
Tommy Li commented

Bump. Twitter is very popular in Japan and some other East Asian countries. It would be great for PlayFab to add this.

10 |1200

Tommy Li avatar image
Tommy Li commented

4 years later and I stumbled on this thread. Please add support for Twitter. It works great even without in-game browser (using out-of-band OAuth) to get authentication.

10 |1200

subsoap avatar image
subsoap commented

This needs to be a feature. It should have been a feature 5 years ago.

10 |1200

Hamzeh avatar image
Hamzeh commented

I agree but anyway and anytime you can use the custom id login and use the Twitter id to create an account and login.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas