Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Player profile picture

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

2 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

johntube
started a topic on Mon, 19 January 2015 at 5:29 PM

An avatar or profile picture is something widely used in games. I think PlayFab should have a way of handling profile pictures

6 Comments
johntube said on Sun, 08 March 2015 at 5:49 PM

I think Base64 encoding is the way to go now until a dedicated feature for uploading/hosting/downloading pictures (files in general) is released.

johntube said on Thu, 12 March 2015 at 4:53 PM

When I saw the release notes of the 1.2.2 update I was happy to see the new API calls for upload/download then I realized that it was not intended for letting the players upload any files ! Will this be available or for security reasons this can't be tolerated ?

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 12 March 2015 at 6:19 PM

The current implementation is based on the needs of some upcoming titles. We can make this something which allows for client uploads, though we would (as you can imagine) want to ensure that some safe limits are put on this - it's just a matter of bubbling that need up via developer community feedback to us. If you have scenarios you need to support for your titles and don't want to discuss them in the forums, feel free to let us know at devrel@playfab.com.

johntube said on Tue, 17 March 2015 at 4:32 PM

Or I could still do it using CloudScript with this flow :

RunCloudScript("UploadImage") with the Image as parameter

in the CloudScript action handler UploadImage request an upload URL

upload the image with a PUT request using the http library available

johntube said on Tue, 17 March 2015 at 4:45 PM

I was wrong, the GetContentUploadUrl is only available for Admin !

Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 17 March 2015 at 4:46 PM

Correct. While the Server API calls are available from Cloud Script, the Admin API calls are not. So the flow described wouldn't work, at the moment. We're looking into potential ways of sharing data from the user (apart from User Data).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

You can now use the AvatarUrl in the player profile to store a link to the player's chosen picture.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas