Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Add custom data to item instances

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

5 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Brendan Vanous
started a topic on Wed, 17 December 2014 at 12:18 PM

Suggestion from a developer: Add the CustomData parameter to instances of inventory items in the player inventory, with the ability to update it (for instance, items that level up).

2 Comments
luizcarlosfx said on Thu, 26 March 2015 at 6:32 AM

This would be great! It's a bit strange that you have Custom data parameter on the catalog but I can't update it from my user inventory and not even have access to this info.

Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 05 May 2015 at 11:52 AM

This is now available:

https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Server/method/UpdateUserInventoryItemCustomData

https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Server/datatype/WebAPIModels/PlayFab.WebAPIModels.Inventory.ItemInstance

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rich Joslin avatar image
Rich Joslin commented

We're going to have items that are highly customizable and upgradable. I would love to be able to access (read/write) this custom data with Game Manager for debugging and customer support. (I assume it's already on the backlog, but count me in as looking forward to that feature :)

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Thanks, Rich - yes, the ability to edit the custom data on inventory item instances is indeed on the backlog. As with other items, we'll prioritize it based on how many people need it, so anyone else out there who needs this - let us know!

1 comment
10 |1200

Adam Sauer avatar image Adam Sauer commented ·

Being able to edit the custom data on inventory item instances from the ClientAPI would be great!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

You can now view and edit the custom data for an inventory item instance in the Game Manager. Click on the "i" next to the inventory item to bring up a popup showing the current data. There, you can edit values and add new ones as needed.

10 |1200

Jerry avatar image
Jerry commented

is it only possible to read/write via the game manager? Or can this be done in app using server or client api. I'm able to pull item inventories, but the the custom data for the item always returns null. I've tried using json to covert it but that doesn't work ether. Maybe my method is wrong. Is there perhaps an example that someone could reference? I've been googling for the past 12 hours and Cant get it working. I'm posting on my phone so Cant give my code.

1 comment
10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas