Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Chat Channels

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

deldam
started a topic on Sun, 26 October 2014 at 10:26 PM

I would like to have the option as its advertised on the website to have a global chat with channels.

please do not mention photon chat which is limited to 20 users for free.

7 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 28 October 2014 at 11:03 AM

Is the issue that 20 users is insufficient for testing your title while in development, or something else? Right now, through our partnership with Exit Games, Photon Chat (as well as Photon RealTime and Photon Turnbased) would be included as part of your PlayFab cost, as a Core tier customer.

deldam said on Wed, 29 October 2014 at 9:39 PM

will it be cheaper? because i feel its a bit exaggerated on their website, i already paid for photon multiplayer. I am going to pay for playfab. im not very hot paying high price for few chat user

Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 29 October 2014 at 10:54 PM

Core tier customers of PlayFab can use Photon Realtime, Photon Turn Based, and Photon Chat as part of their PlayFab DAU cost.

deldam said on Thu, 30 October 2014 at 1:04 AM

the pricing page is not very clear, so if i have 500 daily user, which use chat and photon realtime, how much will this cost to me per month?

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 30 October 2014 at 11:07 AM

We are in the process of evaluating a potential change to simplify the billing. Right now, the first 1,000 DAU are free for all titles, so if you had 500 daily users, the PlayFab cost would be nothing. If you are a Core Tier customer (ahead of your ship date, we can work with you on finalizing your feature usage and pricing tier), Photon Chat and Read Time would be included in your PlatFab costs.

dingosmoov said on Tue, 11 November 2014 at 9:09 AM

The answer to @deldam was confusing to me. @brendanv can you rephrase that? Where I'm having confusion is Core Tier. If you have less than 1000 DAU then you never reach Core Tier so Photon is not available is this correct? I apologize I am just confused, or I don't understand the pricing.

Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 11 November 2014 at 1:14 PM

Absolutely - in the current pricing model, we have Casual and Core tiers. Depending on the features you need, you would be in one or the other, and we can work with you to get a signed agreement ahead of your launch (if you need very few features, you may want to use ala carte pricing, but the tiers are a better value for most games). If you want to use the Photon Cloud services, and want to have it bundled as part of your PlayFab Core tier price, that simply means you would want to work with us to get an agreement signed, so that we can confirm this with Exit Games. We can help you with that via devrel@playfab.com, if you'd like to do that. And since the first 1,000 DAU are always free, you're not going to be charged anything if your usage is below that level.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas