Idea

Brian Gish avatar image
Brian Gish suggested

Add ability to reset virtual currency timer

It would be nice to have the ability to either SetUserVirtualCurrency, or add a flag to AddUserVirtualCurrency or SubtractUserVirutalCurrency that would allow the timer to be reset.

Example 1:

I have a virtual currency for my Daily Reward system called DR. It regenerates one per day, and maxes out at 2. When the user has DR > 0, then I know they can redeem their daily reward. If DR = 1, then I know it's been one day since they last got an award, so I increment their daily login streak. If DR = 2, then I know they haven't been on for 2 days, so it's safe to break their login streak. If DR = 1 or 2, I need the ability to set DR to 0, and reset the virtual currency timer for this system to work.

Example 2:

In another project I gave away chests every 2 hours, and this system could have been accomplished with a virtual currency if I could reset the virtual currency timer, but I couldn't so instead I had to write a custom system.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 commented

Thanks for your feature request. I do believe it would be nice to have the functionality, but as you say, it's not available now.

However, I think you could accomplish this via an hourly timer instead of a daily timer. Set it to regenerate by hours, and either cap it above 2 days, at like 100, or.. don't. It won't matter.

Details:
At 0-24 hours, you know it's been less than a day. At 24-48 hours, you know it's been more than a day. At >48 hours, you know it's been over two days, and you can break the streak.

Basically, you minimize the "problem time" for your situation to a 1 hour period, rather than a 1 day period. And that 1 hour is the one you care the least about.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.