Idea

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) suggested

Reduce Report Player limit

I would like to reduce the Report Player limit from 5 to a configurable amount.

Alternatively, I'd like the default to be much lower than 5. 5 is a lot of players to report in a day and tends to lead to excessive (and unusable) reports.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
jules avatar image
jules commented

Having the Report Player limit be configurable would be really helpful, as we'd like to set it to ~2/day.

To elaborate, toxicity in games has a lot to do with expectation. If players see that they can report 5 times/day, they might expect that they should be reporting 5 times/day. Being a competitive, multiplayer PC gamer for 15 years and coming from working on Leauge of Legends, I've seen just how much potential for abuse there is with a reporting system.

Setting the limit to 2/day shows players that reporting should only be for serious matters, which they should generally be encountering 0-1, maybe 2, times per day. Having fewer reports allows us to have a much lower false positive rate on reports and to take those reports more seriously.

Thank you!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.