Idea

grahamwatson avatar image
grahamwatson suggested

Ability to delete stats

I've seen this discussed at length on the forums and Slack, but don't seem to be able to find an official feature request for it, so thought I'd add one.

We'd like the ability to delete and/or rename stats from the dashboard.

This is most useful for correcting typos, dealing with design changes, removing deprecated stats, and generally keeping one's title well organised and manageable.

On removing a stat, the associated leaderboards would also be removed.

On renaming a stat, the associated leaderboards would also be renamed.

I know from the forums that this is a difficult implementation task, due to sharding etc. so it may be worth considering alternatives, such as just marking a stat as deleted (and then not showing it on the dashboard), or only allowing changes on stats that have not been set yet.

Regards

Graham

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

10 Comments

·
Kain avatar image
Kain commented

Voted. Since stat count has limits, this affects our bottom line.

Also, a happy middle ground that might be safer for PlayFab would be a stat rename feature; (making an assumption that stat names exist as unique ids or indexes under the hood). We just want to be able to to repurpose deprecated stats such as "TestStat1" instead of upping our stat count closer towards our limit restriction.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ringhino975 avatar image
ringhino975 commented
the management of the leaderbord is certainly the weakest part of this system, the possibility of eliminating or renaming a leaderbord is essential, as well as the number of requests and the continuous discussions, I hope this problem will be solved. Even just renaming would be helpfully
10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

The updated leaderboard system (https://blog.playfab.com/blog/upcoming-roadmap-2019-q1-jan-march-edition) will include the ability to delete statistics.

2 comments
10 |1200

tomtominc1 avatar image tomtominc1 commented ·

I came looking in the forums to see how to delete a leaderboard and it says that the feature was being added Q4 of last year and we're now in Q2 2019. Has the feature been added and i can't find it?

3 Likes 3 ·
josecarlos avatar image josecarlos commented ·

Just found:

https://blog.playfab.com/blog/upcoming-roadmap-2019-q2-april-june-edition

"There are several features that we had planned to ship in Q1 that we are continuing to work on in Q2:

• Leaderboard upgrades"
0 Likes 0 ·
nathaniel@parallelplaid.com avatar image
nathaniel@parallelplaid.com commented

Is there an option to even view the stats that are in use? We just bumped up to our limit of 25 apparently, despite the fact that we are only ever utilizing about ~8 in our game currently. I was not even aware that we were nearing the limit because that number is unhelpfully buried in your web app.

If we were to delete all players now, would that reset our statistic count? I am very frustrated right now because the Player statisitics page under the Limits tab under Settings (see what I mean by buried?) offers no solution other than to pay up.

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yes, the Leaderboards list for the title in the Game Manager is a complete list of all the statistics defined for the title. And no, as stated in other threads in the forums (ex: https://community.playfab.com/questions/16330/can-i-delete-the-statistics.html), it is not possible to delete statistics in the legacy statistics system. This is a known issue and one of the reasons we're working on releasing the updated statistics system (keep an eye on our blog page for more information on preview availability).

0 Likes 0 ·
evan avatar image
evan commented

+1 The ability to delete stats is something we're very much looking forward to being able to use.

I noticed this is listed in the Q4 2018 roadmap, but it's not listed in the Q2 2019 roadmap. Is this still being worked on?

10 |1200

evan avatar image
evan commented

I posted a comment here, but it seems to have vanished. It's also not clear how to vote on this issue.

I just want to add my +1 that the ability to delete stats is a feature we're eagerly looking forward to. I noticed that it was part of the Q4 2018 roadmap, but not part of the Q2 2019 roadmap. Is this still being worked on?

10 |1200

Iphinis avatar image
Iphinis commented

+1 I want to delete useless states (useless leaderboards too), it's important for us, we can literally no longer move forward in our project ...

10 |1200

haoshi avatar image
haoshi commented

Jul 25, 2019, still can't delete a leaderboard

10 |1200

Dale Strickler avatar image
Dale Strickler commented

We sure could use this. I know it is a hard operation but it would really make our lives easier. We have even considered moving to a new title instance so we can leave out bad leaderboards behind.

10 |1200

hecer avatar image
hecer commented

Hi, I am a free plan user and I really need my leaderboards to be able to delete while prototyping!
Why this function is after 2 years still not available!?

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.