Idea

grahamwatson avatar image
grahamwatson suggested

Ability to delete stats

I've seen this discussed at length on the forums and Slack, but don't seem to be able to find an official feature request for it, so thought I'd add one.

We'd like the ability to delete and/or rename stats from the dashboard.

This is most useful for correcting typos, dealing with design changes, removing deprecated stats, and generally keeping one's title well organised and manageable.

On removing a stat, the associated leaderboards would also be removed.

On renaming a stat, the associated leaderboards would also be renamed.

I know from the forums that this is a difficult implementation task, due to sharding etc. so it may be worth considering alternatives, such as just marking a stat as deleted (and then not showing it on the dashboard), or only allowing changes on stats that have not been set yet.

Regards

Graham

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

10 Comments

·
amonascal avatar image
amonascal commented

so this was supposed to happen on 2018, then on 2019. We are at 2020 now and still nothing?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Good Guy avatar image Good Guy commented ·

It's 2021 now.

1 Like 1 ·
Matthew Draper avatar image
Matthew Draper commented

On the current roadmap it says;

"Coming Later: General availability of improved Leaderboards This service is available today in previews. As we further incorporate your feedback, we will make this generally available to all PlayFab users."

Fingers crossed it gets rolled out soon!

10 |1200

A A avatar image
A A commented

+1 I don't really know how to vote but I assume it's just about giving it a thumb up . Anyways I want to delete my stats because I have a problem. No stats are saved even though I am saving these stats in my code and the code actually worked a few days ago and I didn't change anything. And now it says that there are no stats in this leaderboard. I want to delete this leaderboard and create a new one by code.

1 comment
10 |1200

Daniel de Castro Ribeiro avatar image Daniel de Castro Ribeiro commented ·

Click on "Follow this Idea" button on the right. Take me a while wondering as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniel de Castro Ribeiro avatar image
Daniel de Castro Ribeiro commented

Guys, I just found out: you have to click on "FOLLOW THIS IDEA". It couldn't be any bit more miss leading than this... When you click on this, you will see the counter of "votes left" coming down.

10 |1200

Daniel de Castro Ribeiro avatar image
Daniel de Castro Ribeiro commented

How it's even considered a "feature" is beyond me. It's a basic necessity.
And how can we possibly "vote" for it? I can see "Votes Left: 20" - what about a Vote Button somewhere?...

2 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

It's actually the "Like" option on the page - if you look at the feature requests area overall, you can order the items by how many Likes each has. "Votes" was just shorthand, since you can also Like posts in the Q&A areas, which don't count against your votes remaining. Sorry if that's confusing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Good Guy avatar image Good Guy commented ·

It's just really dangerous to delete Statistics since some Statistics can be crucial game progress related, while others are intended just for leaderboards.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jorge Gonzalez avatar image
Jorge Gonzalez commented

Well this is definitely the top on votes. Hope it gets added soon. I think we will eventually be paying costumers but for testing purposes this is really tough.

10 |1200

Denzie Gray avatar image
Denzie Gray commented

Yea, I have a chess game that needs leaderboard deletion.

It would also be nice if we could filter the leaderboards for when they get large in number.

Also, Is there a way to go beyond the current limit of 300?

10 |1200

Wu avatar image
Wu commented

The fact is i love playfab really... But if the v2 leaderboard is not coming soon with both child stats and obvious possibility to erase stats, i will definitely go for firebase, gamespark or any concurrency...

10 |1200

Good Guy avatar image
Good Guy commented

I would go a step further than just a Delete option (which yes, would be useful for clean up) but how about a LOCK option? Lock a statistic so it cannot get reset by the leaderboard "Reset Now" button nor the automated reset nor any other method unless it's been unlocked.

10 |1200

JULIEN MAIRAT avatar image
JULIEN MAIRAT commented

I just checked my account and I now have the ability to delete Leaderboards now, I am not sure if that actually deletes the statistic or not. Does everyone else see this?

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.