Idea

lisa avatar image
lisa suggested

Provide secure GameCenter login

It is recommended here that we not use LoginWithGameCenter because it is insecure. However, Apple has now provided a way for 3rd-party services to authenticate GameCenter credentials with generateIdentityVerificationSignature(). Since GameCenter is the easiest recoverable login option on iOS for the player, it would be nice if this offered the same amount of security as Google Play Games on Android.

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

10 Comments

·
zymakenneth avatar image
zymakenneth commented

Agreed, hopefully this feature will be added soon. One soon to be in production game (mine) would greatly benefit from it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

renanssba avatar image
renanssba commented

Yes, my new (in development) game needs a good way to have a retrievable account in iOS, and so far Facebook is the only convenient option for the player.

Would be awesome to also have Game Center secure support.

10 |1200

renanssba avatar image
renanssba commented

I'd also love to use this to provide recoverable-account support on iOS to my next game.

10 |1200

zymakenneth avatar image
zymakenneth commented

I would also love this ability for my game currently in development

10 |1200

rgodart avatar image
rgodart commented

We'd like to get this feature as well. Thanks

10 |1200

terrypapamarkou avatar image
terrypapamarkou commented

We would really like this feature too.

10 |1200

rgodart avatar image
rgodart commented

Hello,

It looks like this feature is now one of the most upvoted, is there a chance to have it in a next release?

Thanks

2 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

We track on all feature requests across our community, and this forum is one of those inputs (though not the only one). We do have this feature on our overall priority list, and we're hoping to get it into an upcoming sprint, but we don't have a date we can provide just yet.

1 Like 1 ·
rgodart avatar image rgodart brendan commented ·

Thanks for the feedback

0 Likes 0 ·
max avatar image
max commented

We'd also really like to have this :)

10 |1200

fabio-berger avatar image
fabio-berger commented

We are also totally waiting for this. Seems to be a big requirement before releasing the final version of our game.

10 |1200

Canberk Soner avatar image
Canberk Soner commented

This feature is a must-have. It is going to have a huge impact on our development roadmap and affect the quality of our product.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.