Idea

glen avatar image
glen suggested

GetLeaderboard Parameters

With the ability to get previous leaderboard versions it would be useful to have some updated parameters in the GetLeaderboard call.

Specifically what I'd find useful right now is the ability to query the previous version of a leaderboard without explicitly indicating the version of that leaderboard. I understand that we can use GetPlayerStatisticVersions to determine the previous version, and this is what I'm currently doing. But this becomes problematic when attempting to retrieve multiple leaderboards at the same time as it requires excessive API calls.

My current work around is to call GetPlayerStatisticVersions on one leaderboard and then use that version as the basis for all other leaderboards to be retrieved at the same time. This works because all these leaderboards reset at the same interval and are all at the same version. But I anticipate there is a scenario where these leaderboards don't reset all at the same time due to processing time. I'm currently trying to account for this by waiting 60 seconds after reset before attempting to get previous versions. Implementing it like this feels risky though.

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

No Comments

·

Write a Comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.