Idea

Imamura Shinya avatar image
Imamura Shinya suggested

PlayFab Lobby and Matchmaking Unity SDK. for Android and iOS

I tried to test Playfab Lobby by using Playfab Lobby and Matchmaking Unity SDK.

I would like to be able to use Lobbysystem. The main platforms are Android, iOS.

But UnitySDK is not contain android and iOS.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/lobby/lobby-matchmaking-sdks/lobby-matchmaking-sdks

Any plans to add support Android/iOS devices in near future?

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

3 Comments

·
Resul avatar image
Resul commented

Any updates for this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nyktotani avatar image
nyktotani commented

Any updates for this?

According to the source code, Unity SDK seems to support iOS/Android future.

Assets/PlayFabMultiplayerSDK/Source/Scripts/Interop/InteropConfiguration.cs

#elif UNITY_IOS && !UNITY_EDITOR
         const string ThunkDllName = "__Internal";
 #elif UNITY_ANDROID && !UNITY_EDITOR
         const string ThunkDllName = "multiplayer";

Will it still take a while?

If it still takes time, I will consider access via REST API, but I see its not good idea.

10 |1200

alan-1 avatar image
alan-1 commented

Following up on this, I see there is support for android and IOS for the C++ sdk. If the unity sdk just wraps the C++ sdk and looking at the incude headers from the android sdk anyway they line up exactly with the interop.

So, I not sure what the major issue is between getting it all up and running within the Unity SDK?

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.