Idea

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt suggested

Stripe integration

They have tons of friendly APIs, use JSON for everything, and it's the top solution right now for friendly UX, anti fraud (customizable), and scalability.

They also have "connect" apps -- so you can even make a plugin that you 1-click connect to your playfab account (like from your plugin dashboard)

On top of that, Star Citizen uses it, as a prime example.

We use it, too -- you can check out the flow (without actually finishing) @ https://www.ThroneOfLies.com

In my setup, the client pays >>

goes to my node API before it's officially approved >>

I add a steam key to metadata and description (so the key is delivered via a reliable Stripe email) >>

delete key as soon as I grab it from my mongoDB (add back if err/failed) >>

Show a thank you page if success, or err page if err.

My open-source implementation (meant for snippets or ideas -- probably won't work if you just clone it):

https://github.com/dylanh724/tol-node-public/blob/master/tol2/routes/stripe.js#L492-L607

There's also a "simple mode" too, where you just paste some client code and you don't even need a server.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

5 Comments

·
Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt commented

(oops can't edit)

To add, the API also includes all receipts, balance, and more. You could store charge reference #s with accounts and call it with ease. We don't personally attach to accounts (because people may be gifting), but perhaps that could be a separate endpoint to gift it or apply it to account.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image Dylan Hunt commented ·

Err -- not a new endpoint, a parameter to require a session or not.

They also do webhooks for PlayStream or something. We use it to send a Discord hook notification of a sale.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt commented

To add:

* itch.io uses Stripe
* Gamejolt.com uses Stripe

10 |1200

Ilse Mul avatar image
Ilse Mul commented

Thanks @Dylan Hunt!

10 |1200

kisteandre avatar image
kisteandre commented

Make this happen for the V2 economy please.

10 |1200

kisteandre avatar image
kisteandre commented

Still waiting for this industry standard payment processor.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.