Idea

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt suggested

Make items more intuitive in terms of accessing certain elements

For example, most everything I can just access by item.Prop

I want the annotation of the item? Sure, item.Annotation. Done. Intuitive, easy.

However, if I want the tag? Vigorous, mysterious process.... I need to iterate through each item in my catalog until the item id's match, and convert to a CatalogObject - only then, can I get access to the tag prop.

I understand there are strange hierarchy's (possibly from changing over time), but this could really use an update.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

3 Comments

·
Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt commented

(For example, instead of utilizing tags, I'm more inclined to use annotations, instead - the "unintended way", because it's

1) Easier to just comma-separate and use annotation.split(",") and I have instant access

2) I save processing by not having to iterate through every time I want a tag.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt commented

Doh no edits in feedback --

I meant to add: It seems that I have to call GetCatalogItems in order to get the tag from GetUserInventory or a LoginResult's

GetPlayerCombinedInfoRequestParams 's LoginResult.InfoResultPayload.UserInventory
10 |1200

Jorge Gonzalez avatar image
Jorge Gonzalez commented

Is Crazy how this never changed. I am here in 2022 and thinking the exact same thing. A player can login and buy something. Then login the next thing and expect to have that item.
So having to load the catalog again just to get the tag seems redundant.

Is this solved in Economy V2? I feel like economy V2 takes longer to set up than v1.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.