Idea

Bryan Matsui Pierce avatar image
Bryan Matsui Pierce suggested

EntityId in FriendInfo

With the addition of EconomyV2 it is becoming increasingly awkward to use the Friend system that only stores the PlayFabId of the friend and not the EntityId. So, I think it would be nice if FriendInfo had some direct connection with the Entity system.

One feature that I want to add to my game is to send a "FriendPoint" currency to all of a player's friends whenever they log in for the day. I used to use the PlayFabId of each friend to send them virtual currency but since EconomyV2 uses the Entity System, I can't do that anymore. One workaround is to call GetUserAccountInfo for each player but that would double the number of API calls in a single function, which is not possible if the player has 20 friends when the max API calls per function are 25.

The current workaround that I use is to save the EntityId as a tag whenever the player makes a friend (friends are added through cloud script), but this method is also awkward because I have to add a friend tag after the friends are added.

Having the EntityId in the FriendInfo would be quite convenient. If not possible, I think it would also be helpful to be able to have a "Tags" parameter to the AddFriendRequest so that we can add a tag to a friend when it is made.

entitiesFriends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
Bryan Matsui Pierce avatar image
Bryan Matsui Pierce commented

Nevermind, just discovered that I can store the EntityId in the AvatarUrl, which is a usable workaround.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.