Idea

brett-1 avatar image
brett-1 suggested

PlayFab Party native C# SDK (not Unity)

I am using StereoKit (https://stereokit.net/) to create OpenXR projects. This is a C# library that can run on multiple platforms. Currently there is no official C# SDK for PlayFab Party. PlayFab support suggests that we can try to extract the source files from the Unity Party Plugin and add them to our projects. This may work in theory with some modifications, but it adds work and would leave us in an unsupported state.

Can you please consider a native C# SDK and then add wrappers to make that work for Unity rather than just support Unity. StereoKit is an excellent open source tool for creating XR apps that I expect will continue to gain more developers so it would be great to be able to use your products with it. A native C# SDK also widens the use to broader markets rather than just games.

Thank you.

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
ThatBomberBoi avatar image
ThatBomberBoi commented

I've started experimenting with PlayFab with native C# too, and this was a bit of a let-down. I'd love if MS could support PlayFab Party in the native C# SDK since a lot of my work takes place using that, as Unity can be a bit of a pain with self written libraries or programs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.