Idea

dreadwolf avatar image
dreadwolf suggested

Allow setting contact email in server api and/or admin api, or allow custom password recovery email from master email.

The account recovery email system is extremely problematic for us. We want to use a custom email template but in order to do so, our players need to have a contact email. When we were using the default PlayFab email, the master email would be used, so we never had a need to make client calls to add contact emails for our users. For some reason using a template means we can't use the master email. I guess I could live with that, except for the fact that the only way to add a contact email to a user is by having the user login and use AddOrUpdateContactEmail from the client API. Of course, the user can't log in because they've forgotten their password. I wanted to write a CloudScript or custom server function that would copy the master email to the contact email, but PlayFab doesn't have an API that would allow me to do this. So even if I add contact emails going forward, I'm stuck using the PlayFab recovery email for users without contact emails.

apisAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

2 Comments

·
Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) commented

This would be helpful for me as well

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gerald Phillips avatar image
Gerald Phillips commented

any progress on this? i assume using the player_ad_title playstream event, but I'm nwe to cloud scripting and the docs don't seem to help much. They show how to create a "revision", but i dont see those on my automation console. it says register function now, and I have no idea what to do.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.