Idea

John Robinson avatar image
John Robinson suggested

Unity PlayFab EdEx - Add support for Microsoft account & 2FA sign in

The Playfab Unity Extension does not currently support signing in to an account that was created using "Create with Microsoft" (AAD authentication).

Workarounds currently include installing the PlayFabUnitySDK manually, or creating a second PlayFab account with a standard username/password (and adding it as an admin to your main project if you want to access the title through Unity).

Please consider support for signing in to MS accounts via the PlayFab EdEx.

It is currently possible to enable PlayFab 2FA on an account created using MS which also, separately, has 2FA enabled. That would need to be a consideration in the login flow.

unity3dAccount ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

10 Comments

·
Gustavo Dorte Carriel de Lara avatar image
Gustavo Dorte Carriel de Lara commented

Yep. Can confirm this is not cool.
Luckily one of the team members made a PlayFab account and I could use the workaround.
If feels like I'm being punished by integrating PlayFab with my MS account.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Storm Muller avatar image
Storm Muller commented

Yea this seriously needs some attention... It's a Microsoft product, so I sign in using Microsoft's SSO. Now I can't login using the unity plugin for the SDK :(

10 |1200

Andrew Bindon avatar image
Andrew Bindon commented

It looks like this is still not fixed ... 30th August 2021 ... Is that right?

10 |1200

Alfred Burns avatar image
Alfred Burns commented

Still unable to in 2022.

10 |1200

Emre Bugday avatar image
Emre Bugday commented

This is also a problem for our studio as well. We used our Azure account's email for registration. Hoping that it would result in smoother integration between Playfab and Azure. For the time being, it created nothing more than pain.

10 |1200

nomikeeper avatar image
nomikeeper commented

I'm pretty sure this is happening at this moment too. But one of the workaround is that you can create an account using your email address you used for your microsoft account. It sets your desired password as it is then you can use that password to login in the unity editor.

Let's say you used following credentials when signing into playfab:

Microsoft account:

email: example@random.com

You just sign up with:

email: example@random.com

pass: yourdesiredpassword

it will send you verification email and once you confirm it it will guide you to the exact same dashboard when you signed in with your microsoft account.

This is not so desirable but it achieves what I wanted. So, it might be a good workaround for you at the moment.

10 |1200

nomikeeper avatar image
nomikeeper commented

Oh no, The what I wrote on previously was false. My bad.

I forgot I was testing it with the same name. It creates a different account. So, not an viable workaround.

10 |1200

Elena G Blanco avatar image
Elena G Blanco commented

please help with this matter!

10 |1200

davidop avatar image
davidop commented

I have the same problem. Any news on this topic?

10 |1200

andreikozlov avatar image
andreikozlov commented

I have the same problem. 11.05.2022

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.