Idea

Jay Mattis avatar image
Jay Mattis suggested

Pass QueueName from Matchmaking into GSDK

The MatchId is passed from Matchmaking into the GSDK using the "sessionId" configuration variable but in order to retrieve the ticket details using GetMatch, you also need the QueueName. If using the same build for multiple queues (casual/ranked, 1v1/2v2), this becomes a problem.

Since you already have a "sessionCookie" configuration variable that is unused during matchmaking, this would be a great way to pass in the QueueName so that the server can use GetMatch to successfully retrieve the ticket information. This is vital for making sure players are placed on the team as assigned by the matchmaker.

Matchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bijian Wu avatar image Bijian Wu commented ·

Yes, please, now is 23_11_2020, I still don't see this feature got added!

0 Likes 0 ·

10 Comments

·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com commented

I'm out of votes, but +1 from me too!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Viktor Kovylin avatar image
Viktor Kovylin commented

This would be very useful +1

10 |1200

Markus Henschel avatar image
Markus Henschel commented

Oh yes, please! +1

10 |1200

Eckhard Duken avatar image
Eckhard Duken commented

Would be very useful, +1

10 |1200

will-3 avatar image
will-3 commented

Yeah we are having same problem here +1

10 |1200

Christian Casteel avatar image
Christian Casteel commented

Would be super useful +1

10 |1200

Gabriel Dechichi avatar image
Gabriel Dechichi commented

+1. We also need this on our side. It just doesn't make sense to require QueueName and then don't pass this information to the server. It artificially restrict implementation to one server per queue.

10 |1200

Yuriy Granin avatar image
Yuriy Granin commented

+1 extremly essential feature

10 |1200

Kris Akins avatar image
Kris Akins commented

Yes, I don't possibly see how matchmaking is even a viable option for production use without this basic functionality.

1. Server requires the queue name to get match details.

2. But the queue name is not provided to the server upon startup

3. Therefore the server cannot get the match details to configure any specifics with the regard to the match (e.g. map or other customizations as defined by the queue).

I read somewhere in PlayFab documentation that getting match details from the server was possible, which is why I started down the road of using matchmaking as opposed to something custom. It's pretty disappointing to see that it's not even possible yet.

1 comment
10 |1200

Bijian Wu avatar image Bijian Wu commented ·

yeah, i am facing the same problem. how about if players pass the quene name to the server? I think this is the only viable option

0 Likes 0 ·
Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu commented

Yes, please, now is 23_11_2020, I still don't see this feature got added!

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.