Idea

Richard McKinney avatar image
Richard McKinney suggested

Throttle errors to return the time remaining, or the specific limit reached

I cache events while players are offline, and send them in batches with WriteEvents when they come back online. When they've been offline for a while, they'll typically hit the the error PerEntityEventRateLimitExceeded. That's fine, but it doesn't tell me if it's the 15 second limit, or the 5 minute limit, so I can't be any smarter than trying again every 15 seconds with a ton of requests that are going to fail. It would be nice to see this returned as part of any limit error, so I can optimise going over Api request limits too if that started becoming a problem in the future. Thanks!

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

2 Comments

·
Richard McKinney commented

To get around this now I'm assuming it's a 15 second throttle at first, and waiting 15 seconds until the next submission (which if it fails you'd assume is a 5 minute submission), but it would be good to get them in as fast as I can since there's usually a big backlog of them to get through.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Richard McKinney commented

I could just make sure I don't send full batches more often than 15 seconds ever, and then the limit would have to be 5 minutes, but that would take longer to get these large batches in (someone today hadn't connected in three weeks)

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.