Idea

Brian Gish avatar image
Brian Gish suggested

Integration of C# to Javascript libraries for CloudScript

There are a lot of new technologies coming out that convert C# to Javascript. The best example I have is http://bridge.net/. It would be nice if we could get an integration of something like that so I could write my code once in C# then translate it to Javascript and run it in CloudScript. That way I don't have to duplicate logic twice.

Example:

I'm currently in the process of writing a multiplayer card game and I need to write the card logic on the client so I suggest moves and make sure they don't make bad moves. The game will be server authoritative so I'll have to have the same logic on the server as well. It would be great to write it once in C#, then translate it with something like bridge.net and then run it in CloudScript, but this would require the Bridge.net runtime to be integrated with CloudScript.

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

3 Comments

·
Andrew Maksimov avatar image
Andrew Maksimov commented
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mgambrell avatar image
mgambrell commented

I am doing this with "netjs". It took a lot of work, but it's functioning, and we're going to ship using it. I'll discuss it with anyone if they want to know more, but probably privately since it's going to take a lot of talking and work to get it rolling, and I'm updating my fork constantly.

I haven't yet moved all my logic to c#, but I have moved some huge, critical pieces there.

10 |1200

kamyker avatar image
kamyker commented

Would be better than current Azure C# mess

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.