Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Achievements

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

5 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

killamaaki
started a topic on Wed, 26 November 2014 at 10:26 PM

It would be great to have some built-in support for achievements.

An achievement could be awarded via the REST API (or have a progress value set?). It could additionally specify an item to give the user upon being awarded. This would most likely be a bundle (allowing achievements to award virtual currency, random items, etc).

3 Comments
gwertzman said on Tue, 09 December 2014 at 8:08 AM

You can store achievements today by just storing them as player properties, but you're right that having bundles awarded along w/ achievements is a useful feature that goes beyond what you can easily do on the client side today.

killamaaki said on Fri, 12 December 2014 at 10:51 AM

This would probably be easy enough to do myself with a web server - just have a MySQL table of achievements and a PHP script I can hit which unlocks a given achievement and awards the item (presumably called from a game server during gameplay). Still, would be nice to have this built-in.

Fjvera said on Mon, 11 May 2015 at 10:43 AM

It would be great to have achievements, I second this.

Almost all PlayFab competitors offer achievements. I think this would be nice to have, since almost every game need to implement some kind of achievements to improve user engagement.

I will implement it myself using cloud code, but its a pity not having achievements out of the box, since as I said, I can not imagine a modern game without achievements, so every developer will need to implement this feature.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kkondarev@gbg.bg avatar image
kkondarev@gbg.bg commented

+1
Would be quite nice to be able to dynamically define unlock-able prizes in Game Manager and not to hard-code them in the game code.

10 |1200

eric@begoodi.fr avatar image
eric@begoodi.fr commented

I agree, this is a kind of standard feature.

We can do it in code, but it would be nice to define them in the dashboard. It can simply be some items that are granted when a statistic reach a certain value...

10 |1200

Richard Frye avatar image
Richard Frye commented

+1 I use this feature from my previous platform and now I have to figure out an alternative

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

While we do want to add this in a future update, I should point out that in addition to using Title Data and either Statistics or Player (Read-Only or Internal) Data as James mentioned earlier, you can now also use PlayStream to set up Segments that would give players rewards, message them, etc. when they meet your defined criteria, so that would be another way to enable Achievements.

2 comments
10 |1200

Good Guy avatar image Good Guy commented ·

Message them?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jorge Gonzalez avatar image Jorge Gonzalez commented ·

The problem with Segments is that is not a transaction. Most games have a claim button to claim achievements. If you use segments to grant players anything, they miss the satisfaction of claiming items. It comes back to us having to create a workaround for something that could be implemented in a transaction.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas