Idea

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image
Ricardo Chavarria suggested

Versioned Title Data

Right now we are ok, but in the future we are going to need a versioning system to control Title Data. Is there any plan to do this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

4 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Specifically, are you referring to having multiple versions available for the title (so that different versions of the title would get different data), the ability to have multiple versions for quick roll-back, or something else? How specifically do you envision using versions with Title Data?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ricardo Chavarria commented

I envision this being used kind of like the Item Catalog, where we can add new versions and work on them for successive releases.

What we don't want to do is make a breaking change that will screw up the current client.

Right now we could "get around" this by having some part of the particular entry in TitleData define it's version, like a higher-level version and the data below it, but that would require a lot of management and having all versions sent to all clients, even when they don't need them.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

I see - so the former, multiple versions available for the title, so that you specify which version you're querying, the same as the catalog. We'll add a backlog item for that, and track to see if others vote it up. Thanks!

10 |1200

Ricardo Chavarria commented

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Would be really useful so we can have truly versioned title data.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas