question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

Discovery & Warning: When using Photon - add a customAuth.UserId as your PlayFabId!

I sent an email earlier, asking to post here instead:

I followed a template a while back (and I could be wrong by skipping this), but I found something very important for you to add to your Steam+Photon template: customAuth.UserId = pfid;

Simply just this after the customAuth obj is created before connecting. Without this, you'll be able to see friends, but you'll never know their status and they'll always show offline without it.

(Recently asked) I feel it's a good idea to set the default UserId on the AuthenticationValues across the board for all projects (opposed to null being default). However, I wouldn't force it (override it) -- just set the default value over null, just some people may have come up with a more-clever system.

However, it's 100% better than leaving it null, at the very least.

PS/OffTopic -- Odd I can't add Photon as a topic -- I bet it's a popular topic. While you're at it, perhaps even add Steam as a topic (although not for this topic).

Player DatasdksphotonFriends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks, Dylan - I've added Photon as a topic, so that we can add it to this thread. And thanks for the added info for Steam titles!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.