question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Questions on PayPal payments

From this thread, kamil-sz asked:

...I'm trying to implement paypal payments but your documentation is more confusing then helping. Why do I need a return link? This makes no sense to me. What's gonna happen when I start purchase? PayPal window opens automatically? How does that work now? I also get this error all time

"Failed to initiate transaction with payment provider", I added playfab to the third party api access,my merchnatID is set up. I feel really lost in your docs.

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sure thing: a) The return link is a PayPal requirement. It's the page you send folks to for a "thanks for your purchase" type of message. We'll provide a skinnable pre-built page for titles (if they want to use it) in a future update, but that's not on our schedule at the moment. b) You have to present the PayPal payment window to the user. That's not something we can control remotely - it has to be done by the local client. c) The "Failed to initiate transaction with payment provider" error means that we got an error back from PayPal. I'd recommend re-checking all the setup steps to confirm them, since that's almost always the issue. If they all look good, can you let us know the Title ID and send us the complete info on the call being made (the code snippet, and the values for all parameters passed in)?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.