question

durmusalicollu avatar image
durmusalicollu asked

CloudScript execution API requests issued (triggered action)), bug or how does it works?

Hi,

I have a cloud script which used task manager. It check player's specific currency and converts it to another currency at the end of the week. The problem is, when it runs as Scheduled task, I get an email which is below. Although, if I run this task manually, it works normal and I don't get any email.

When I check the task status, all of them are succeeded and function worked correctly. I don't understand why I am getting this email.

Is it because I use more than 4 server api call in the script? Is it count also handler script as limited calls?

Is it because it effects more than 4 player? If so, how does limit exceed applies? Is it stops for after that player?

Also how does limit upgrade works? How many limits I will get if I upgrade it? Game is still in development btw.

Here is the email:

This is a notification that ... (title DC74) exceeded its current provisioned 

limit for:Resource:CloudScript execution API requests issued (triggered action)

Limit:4

Requested:5
CloudScriptscheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The specific limit the email refers to is the maximum number of Server API calls that can be made in a single Cloud Script execution pass, made on a single player, which is launched from a triggered action (not a call from the client to ExecuteCloudScript). So in other words, each time the script handler is called for a player via your Task, it can make up to 4 Server API calls. You can see this here: https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/DC74/limits/PlayStream/TriggeredActionCloudScriptExecutionAPIRequestsIssued.

This is actually over the default limit of 3 - we grandfathered a number of titles to their current usage max when that limit was put in place, to prevent any issues with live titles. What you should expect is that script execution will halt at the point where the script attempts to exceed that number of calls (or the CPU execution time limit).

We're in the process of moving to an updated, simplified billing model, but we can definitely work with you on a contract for your custom usage. In addition to the info on our main site concerning pricing, we're working right now on a tier specifically for indies, in case that applies in this case. If you'd prefer to wait to see what that looks like, it'll be available within the next couple of weeks. Otherwise, if you'd like to sign up for one of the tiers of service from our pricing page, please feel free to open a ticket with us on this page, and we'll get you in touch with our business team.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

durmusalicollu avatar image durmusalicollu commented ·

Thank you for explanation. I think going to live will take 2 to 3 more weeks for us, so we can consider the wait for you new billing model.

On the other hand, I don't understand one thing, for same task, if I run the task manually, it doesn't count as triggered action and it doesn't count how many Server API calls, but if the same task runs as schedule task, it counts how many Server API calls. Is this works like this?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan durmusalicollu commented ·

Actually, it does count the number of API calls, it's just a higher limit. Running a Cloud Script handler manually simulates calling the handler from the Client, which has a higher API call limit. Since PlayStream events are more frequent and could therefore trigger Cloud Script calls more frequently, those have to be more limited in their API usage.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.