question

Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne avatar image
Eugênio Fiorelli Cysne asked

player_added_title with Platform = AndroidDevice on an iOS device

Hello! I'm testing my game on an iOS device, and I have noticed that for this device I'm receiving the Platform field on my player_added_title event equal to "AndroidDevice". The funny thing is that for the same player, it shows correctly on the player_device_info event: "Platform": "IPhonePlayer"

Since player_added_title is a playfab event, I don't think there is way for me to correct this field.

Do you have any idea what might be causing it?

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The Platform field in player_added_title indicates which login method the user used to register this account, refer to player_added_title - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. So, if you use Authentication - Login With Android Device ID - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn to login the player, even on the iOS device, the Platform will still be AndroidDevice.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.