question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

CloudScript: What ECMA level? Linting result?

I'm finally used to CloudScript and shocked to see how amazing it is once it "clicked". Wow... so many possibilities.

What ECMA level is used for the js here? For example, can I use interpolation with ECMA5-6? The code seems a bit "node-like", so it almost seems like I can, but want to make sure.

var name = 'Xblade';
var message = `Hello ${name}!!!`; <br>// Hello Xblade!!!

Also, what linting options do you use so I can match it? If I failed to pass lint, does it say something when I deploy it?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We're using V8 5.4.4.0, which is ECMA-262 5.1 compliant, though it also has some of 6. For "Lint", I've asked the tools team to update that part of the guide, as the logic of that check is extremely simple - it's really just a basic check for code validity, and not a deeper Lint evaluation.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.