question

woojoo avatar image
woojoo asked

photonnetwork integration

this.playfabId = result.PlayFabId;
    GetPhotonAuthenticationTokenRequest request = new GetPhotonAuthenticationTokenRequest();
    request.PhotonApplicationId = photonComponent.AppId.Trim();

this is on https://api.playfab.com/docs/using-photon-with-playfab/

but the code photonComponent.AppId.Trim();

is not quite making sense..

my question is what should i do to get photon app id via script?

should is set as const value/ set from inspector??

wouldn't there be any smarter options..?

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Our integration with Photon Cloud includes simplified authentication using the auth token API you mentioned above, and pre-configured calls into Cloud Script handlers for your Photon Realtime webhooks. However, to use Photon Cloud, you would need to use the Photon API calls (usually using their SDK) for all the Lobby/Room logic, which requires that you have the App ID in your game somewhere. Rather than adding it to the PlayFabSettings in our SDK (which would force you to define it twice in your project), the sample is showing where to add the ID in your calls to our service. You obtain the ID via the Photon page in the Add-ons Marketplace for your title.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dev-3 avatar image
dev-3 answered

Hi Brendan

The following link doesn't work anymore.

https://api.playfab.com/docs/using-photon-with-playfab/

Could you please bring it back?

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Thanks for letting us know! As I'm sure you noticed, we just completed a major update to the site, and it looks like that page wasn't pulled over correctly. We should have that fixed shortly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.