question

nickb avatar image
nickb asked

Is it possible to have PlayFabGSDK built in unreal source and open it unreal 5.1?,Is it possible to open PlayFabGSDK built in unreal engine source to unreal 5.1

I have successfully implemented PlayFabGSDK with my proejct via: https://github.com/PlayFab/gsdk/tree/main/UnrealPlugin

Our team is using perforce and some of our artists and other people only have unreal 5.1 and NOT the source engine and do not have visual studio or anything like that. Does it require each person on the team to have the source engine version as well as visual studio to run the GSDK. Every member on the team keeps getting this error when trying to open the project in 5.1.

I have tried everything I can think of...including the binaries or even recompiling the entire project in Visual Studio on a new computer with Unreal 5.1. No matter what I do I always get the same error in the attached image

I feel like it is absurd to have every member on the team download source engine, visual studio, and compile the source engine which takes many hours and nearly 300GB of hard drive space just to run this GSDK. Is that seriously the only way?! Why would the binaries built in source not work in regular 5.1?5889-image-2.png

sdksunrealmultiplayer
image-2.png (6.3 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

As this doc mentioned, to use the GSDK on Unreal Engine, you must have the Unreal Engine source code. Also, GSDK has been originally tested with Unreal Engine 4.26, 4.27, 5.0 early access, and 5.0 official release.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.