question

geoffinsunity avatar image
geoffinsunity asked

Total of all Scores in a Leaderboard (once per day)

Hi, I am pretty new to PlayFab. I am wanting to know options for calculating the sum of all users scores (as in one total number where Positions 1 through to the end of the leaderboard are added up) for a given Playfab leaderboard once per day. It seems a simple request feature that I am kind of surprised doesn't exist already. I understand the unworkable nature of getting clients to do these calculations due to the large demand issues involved with getting every user requesting the value to have to load every other users data, but am I missing somewhere in the playfab console that is capable of doing point in time (once per day, week, hour, etc) calculations on leaderboard data and storing them ready to be retreieved. I understand delayed data analysis isn't what everyone wants, but there are a fair few people who have asked this question on here and not received an answer other than (you'll need to look elsewhere).

The best way that may be a way forward that I could find still involves an external service, which was "piping" all events to an amazon a3 server and doing some analasys of the data there to calculate the value.

Any pointer in the right direction would be great. Thanks.

Leaderboards and Statisticsdata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

PlayFab Leaderboard doesn’t support such feature. Since PlayFab supports unlimited player accounts, there could be unlimited number of values below a leaderboard. If you want to analyze the events to calculate the total value, you can use Data Explorer - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. But there are some limits such as runtime and data retention time. By default, it only stores the events for 30 days. If you are OK with that, there is more info you can refer to Getting started with Data Explorer advanced mode - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. If it doesn’t meet your needs, then you may need an external service.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.