question

nyktotani avatar image
nyktotani asked

How can I use Multiplayer and Party SDK for mobile platform

I am trying to make a game using the Lobby and Matchmaking SDKs and the Party SDKs. I have two questions about the SDKs.

What I am trying to do

The game I am making is like Among US where players can match and chat with each other. The platforms supported are PC, mobile, and Nintendo Switch, and it is made in Unity.

What I'm having problem with

Multiplayer Unity plugin does not support mobile platform. Almost all SDK and platform combinations are fine, but only Multiplayer SDK does not support mobile.

• core SDK: C++✅ Unity(PC,Switch)✅ Unity(mobile)✅

• Multiplayer SDK: C++✅ Unity(PC,Switch)✅ Unity(mobile)❌

• Party SDK: C++✅ Unity(PC,Switch)✅ Unity(mobile)✅

Question 1: Will mobile support for Unity Plugin be provided eventually?

I am hoping that previously posted Feature Request has been accepted. https://community.playfab.com/idea/66354/playfab-lobby-and-matchmaking-unity-sdk-for-androi.html

I also know that the C++ SDK for mobile platform has been updated in the last few days (thanks for the frequent updates). https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabMultiplayer/releases

If a mobile support for Unity plugin is offered in the near future, I will wait for its release.

Question 2: Should I create my own Plugin for mobile?

Since the Lobby and Matchmaking SDKs have a C++ version available and Unity has a mechanism for users to create Plugins, I am wondering if I can create a Plugin myself. If I were to create a Plugin, would there be any particular difficulties? For example, security or licensing issues.

unity3dsdksmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Currently, PlayFab doesn't have an ETA on when this will be implemented. I'll notify you as soon as there are any new updates. Since the unity multiplayer SDK is a wrapped C++multiplayer SDK, you may try to create it.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nyktotani avatar image nyktotani commented ·

Thanks for the reply. I will try to create it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.