question

Martin L avatar image
Martin L asked

Single use bundles not being expired after use

I have a few bundles set up as a usage count of 1. But when I grant them the contained item is created correctly but the bundle itself remains as an entity in the inventory. I had been using one second lifetime bundles before, which worked well enough, but with the change that lifetime had to be >2 seconds the bundle could end up visible in the users inventory too. Am I misunderstanding how the usage count on bundles works?

Thanks.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin L avatar image Martin L commented ·

BTW a single use Container works perfectly as expected.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - Bundles are "items that come with other items" and do not auto-consume from any usage count when they are added to inventory. Containers are different, in that they contain items that are only added to the user inventory when they are opened - and the act of opening them consumes from their usage count (as well the usage count of the Key item, if it was a locked container). And yes, as stated in the Game Manager, please do not set a one second expiration time, as there are corner cases (particularly with large player inventories) where the bundle could be expired before the other items it comes with are added to the player inventory.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.