question

Eugene Solyanov avatar image
Eugene Solyanov asked

We are getting starnge error during creation of session

Hi,

We want to add PlayPartyFab to UE 5.1 on PC via OSS plugin v2.2.8. During the creation of the session, we get this error "add Unable to retrieve UniqueIdentifier from endpoint: information about the endpoint is not yet available because the endpoint is still being created"

What does it mean and how to fix it?

multiplayer
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha commented ·

Since you are using OSS Party on PC, GDK is required to use OSS Party.

0 Likes 0 ·
Eugene Solyanov avatar image Eugene Solyanov Xiao Zha commented ·

Hi, I didn't understand what do you mean. Do you mean that we need to use GDK OSS as native OSS? If so, then we are already using it, as it was described in the documentation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Due to the NDA of ID@Xbox, we cannot discuss the details on public forums. Please open a support case so we can connect you with an NDA agent who can help you with your question without violating the NDA.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eugene Solyanov avatar image Eugene Solyanov commented ·

I don't understand how ID@Xbox is related to our case.

If you here to help then please answer, why after CreateNewNetwork and ConnectToNetwork we are got PartyStateChangeType::EndpointDestroyed from PartyManager::StartProcessingStateChanges. After that we got PartyStateChangeType::ConnectToNetworkCompleted and PartyConnectToNetworkCompletedStateChange contains Error : UnknownError with description ''failed to establish or maintain a connection to a network or remote peer' Btw the creation of the network happens successfully.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Eugene Solyanov commented ·

Sorry for not explaining clearly. Since we don't have access to the GDK, and GDK related issues are within the scope of Xbox Support. You can post your question in the Xbox forums or open a support ticket as I mentioned above.

0 Likes 0 ·
Eugene Solyanov avatar image Eugene Solyanov Xiao Zha commented ·

We have problems with PlayPartyFab at the first place, not with GDK. I gave you detailed explanations of what is happening. So sad that you are here not to help, also in my answer below I described what was the cause of the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Eugene Solyanov avatar image
Eugene Solyanov answered

The issue was exactly what was in the description. For some reason, router had blocked the connection to PlayPartyFab server.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.