question

taw-24978 avatar image
taw-24978 asked

Can't Find PhotonSecretKey on PlayFab's Photon add-on page.

Hi PlayFab Team,

I've followed this tutorial https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/photon-unity on how to setup Photon add-on with PlayFab

I've finished these without problems.

- Setting up Photon Application

- Setting up Authentication

but i'm stuck in Setting up PlayFab title for Photon steps.

"Photon add-on page will allow to install Photon by specifying you Photon Realtime Application ID (1). Optionally, you may specify Chat Application Id. Once you install the add-on (3), Secret Key will be generated (2). Save it, as it will come in handy when configuring web-hooks:"

I added Realtime application ID and save settings, but no Secret Key generated from add-on page thus unable to configuring web-hooks to use in Photon

Title ID - 2F2C

App ID - 78bfc02e-83e9-49f0-8043-2e696df77aeb

photonwebhooks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks for calling that out - I'll get a bug opened on this. The secret is being generated for titles - I'll send you yours via email.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

taw-24978 avatar image taw-24978 commented ·

got the email. thank you :D

0 Likes 0 ·
Greg Tinney avatar image
Greg Tinney answered

I have the same issue. I just created a Photon account and added the addon to my Playfab Title, but cannot find the PhotonSecretKey on my Addon page.

TitleId: 4D9F3
Photon Chat AppID: 4c8b70b1-a522-4f0c-b4cc-7afeaa340b46

10 |1200

emiliatyl avatar image
emiliatyl answered

Guys, really - is it still not fixed after two more years? I also have this problem.

10 |1200

emiliatyl avatar image
emiliatyl answered

To anyone encountering this issue - you need to provide photon realtime app id, even if only want to use photon chat integration.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.