question

Kvaba Interactive avatar image
Kvaba Interactive asked

Does Economy V2 support Non-Receipt Payment Processing ?

Hello,

I'm about to implement Non-Receipt Payment Processing. I was following this guide: non-receipt-payment-processing

While it works as needed, I saw that PlayFab is officially advising against new implementations of Economy 1.

Is Non-Receipt Payment Processing supported at this point for Economy V2 ?

If not - is there a roadmap when is it expected to go out?

Overall - what's the current recommendation when it comes to Non-Receipt Payment Processing? Is it best to stick with Economy 1, as it's well tested, etc?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

Economy V2 integrates with Steam inventory directly and does not use the payment processing from V1. V2 does not integrate with Facebook, PayPal, or Xsolla. If you're only interested in Steam, I'd encourage you to look into the V2 integration instead. If you're interested in the others, I'd love to know what your scenario is. You can open or vote on a Feature Request for Economy V2.

If you need V1 Payment Processing, then it's fine to stick with Economy V1. We won't deprecate V1 any time soon, but there is a slight risk as our payment processing partners might deprecate the APIs we've integrated with (as we recently observed with one of our partners) or the docs might change, and it could be harder to maintain in the long run.

This FAQ may also be useful in helping you make a decision.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/economy-v2/faq

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kvaba Interactive avatar image Kvaba Interactive commented ·

Thanks for the response.

It's a webgl game we're working on - payments will be processed via PayPal. Sticking with Economy V1 as it serves all the requirements.

I hope PayPal wouldn't change anything on their side anytime soon.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.