question

meta avatar image
meta asked

Scheduled Task does not execute on Player Segment

Hello,

It totaly random. Sometimes scheduled task is handling every player in segment and sometimes not at all.

For example right now multiple hours the task B50CBE86EF67977E in Title 9FCD9 affects 0 Players while there are 4 Players in segment. I noticed this bug since multiple weeks already.

scheduled tasks
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui commented ·

The issue has been reported to the development team and I will keep you informed if there are any updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

Hi, this issue had been solved. Please let us know if you still have questions.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

meta avatar image
meta answered

still since yesterday 0 player affected. nothing helps

10 |1200

meta avatar image
meta answered

5455-image.png 5463-image.png

image.png (107.9 KiB)
image.png (88.0 KiB)
10 |1200

meta avatar image
meta answered

Still 0 Players affected all day long.. Its critical

10 |1200

meta avatar image
meta answered

Push. please help

10 |1200

Evgeniy avatar image
Evgeniy answered

I confirm, does not work on any of my titles! It seems the guys have completely abandoned their product. It's getting worse every day. Functions fall off one by one. And no one corrects them. At the same time, they regularly take our money. I have never seen such terrible customer service.

2 comments
10 |1200

Marco Williams avatar image Marco Williams commented ·

There are alternate ways to accomplish this if you need to get a fix in a pinch.
You can just use reagular Azure Functions and run them scheduled there instead of using the PlayFab schedule task. I know it's convienient that it will run a single task on each player in the segement, but honestly that hasn't been super reliable unless you use it on a very limited segement of players. Certianly not the All-Players segment.

From an azure function you can call this: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/admin/play-stream/get-players-in-segment?view=playfab-rest

Then you can call other actions that you want to do on the player.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marco Williams avatar image Marco Williams Marco Williams commented ·

sorry about the spelling errors.. I was typing really fast and didn't check it before hitting send.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.