question

yogev avatar image
yogev asked

About items with expiration date

Hey, I am building a game with an item store and I want to make sure that I can do it with play fab

I have a store with 500 +- items and for some of them only one player can own and they have a date until they become available

is there an option to do it on playfab? so like when the player buys the item the player will have it only for a limited amount of time and when the item expires the store will get updated as well and the item will be back in stock

Player Inventory
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui commented ·

Yes. You can set an expiration date and limited editions for items in PlayFab, which you can refer to Catelogs.

0 Likes 0 ·
yogev avatar image yogev Simon Cui commented ·

Thank you, Do I have the option to get the info of the owner of the item?

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui yogev commented ·

The Admin API Account Management - Get User Account Info can be used to get information of a player.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

Hi, we have carefully studied your needs and found that PlayFab may not be the best fit for you in this case. PlayFab has some features that you may like, such as Timed Consumables and limited editions, but it does not have the functionality to update the store and restock the item when it expires. In the meantime, we suggest that you consider using an external database to implement these special items.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.