question

Thomas Bizal avatar image
Thomas Bizal asked

Migrate Sign in with Apple users to another team

My game has recently been acquired by a larger company, and we just completed the app transfer process through Apple. The other company's Apple Developer account now has full ownership of my game.

However, this transfer broke all user accounts on PlayFab who have the "Sign in with Apple" login method. They all receive an "AccountNotFound" error.

I've realized this is because Sign in with Apple maintains an association between your developer team, your apps, and your users, and this association is broken when the developer team changes after an app transfer. Some steps are required to migrate the user's Sign in with Apple credentials and tokens/keys when moving your apps and its associated users to a recipient team.

Full instructions can be found here: transferring_your_apps_and_users_to_another_team

Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to follow their instructions with all of my PlayFab users.

I've created a player segment for all players who linked their user account to Apple, which I think (?) covers everyone using the Sign in with Apple functionality.

Now I need to follow Apple's user migration instructions (in the link provided above), which requires sending a bunch of HTTP POST methods on each of these users in the segment.

Can I call each of Apple's methods via a cloud script on every user in the segment? Can anyone provide an example cloud script matching one of Apple's POST methods? I can't seem to figure it out. I keep receiving errors. I am not familiar at all with this type of thing.

I have no idea if I am even on the right track. If anyone can provide some guidance, I would greatly appreciate it.

CloudScriptapple
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

CloudScript is a set of JavaScript functions compiled with V8 and hosted on PlayFab's servers. It has access to any server API listed in the PlayFab API reference documentation, but you can't call Apple's methods via CloudScript. If you want to send a bunch of HTTP POST methods on each of these users in the segment, you can use Azure Functions and Scheduled Task. Since we are not expert on Apple, you can seek help from professional Apple technicians.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.