question

joshuakent27 avatar image
joshuakent27 asked

Should I make a single PlayFab Manager for updating Player/Character data?

If I have a server with multiple players on it and I need to be able to make updates to each player's PlayerData and/or CharacterData, is there a best practice for how to route those requests?

Should I make a single manager and have all requests to update data from each player go through that single script or should I attach a PlayFab script to each character from which they can make their own API requests? Or is there a better practice I have not found yet? Keep in mind this is all server side.

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

If you have a server to handle multiple players’ data, you can call the Server API UpdateCharacterData/UpdateUserData, such APIs require PlayFabId to specify which player to update, so you can route the requests based on PlayFabId.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.