question

jadedragongames avatar image
jadedragongames asked

Best practices for sending session ID from browser to Unity?

I have a React site that I have all setup with my Web GL games residing in them. I also have a messaging system setup so that I can communicate between the two. Now, I want to log in on the website, in the browser and that subsequently logs me in to the dozen browser games on the site. My question is, is there any recommendations on how to handle this as I know the session ID is super valuable. I assume I need to use SSL/TLS and maybe also encrypt it but let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.

Player DataAuthentication
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jadedragongames avatar image jadedragongames commented ·

If my game servers can get the session ID securely via my React site then they ARE the player, I just want to be as secure as possible and know what I am doing is dangerous.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

May I know what is the “Session ID” that you mentioned? Is it equivalent to the sessionTicket that contained inside the LoginResult? Besides, I recommend using Recoverable login mechanisms, instead of Anonymous login mechanisms. The server API AuthenticateSessionTicket can be used to validate a client's session ticket.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.