question

Jeremy Rose avatar image
Jeremy Rose asked

Google Play Services OAuth redirect URL

I have setup google play services logins. I am trying to get the OAuth consent page to be validated. Google is complaining about having my game and playfab's domains listed.

I do not see a way around this. This is similar to this post.

https://community.playfab.com/questions/46706/does-google-play-integration-through-oauth-actuall.html

The documentation on playfabs help is a bit out of date. And possible googles policies have changed.

5484-image.png

As can see i have setup two logins, 1 the Android account is need to login on the phone. The second account I assume is to allow Playfab to validate the login and purchasing from the server when I pass the credentials with the login event.

Has anyone gotten this to be approved? Does it need to be? I have everything working with test accounts.

Googles whole process is overly complicated and unclear.

5485-image.png

android
image.png (18.2 KiB)
image.png (53.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeremy Rose avatar image
Jeremy Rose answered

Wanted to follow up on this. I pointed out a few times to them that playfab domain is our backend provider and they finally seemed to accept that and move on with the process.

There were plenty of other issues they came back that were not playfab related.

But it is possible to get the OAuth screen approved with multiple domains where you can't verify the playfab one.

@JayZuo it would be great if the playfab tutorials could be updated. The images are out of date related to the google UI. And for new games the old way is not even available anymore I believe. It all has to be PlayGameServices now.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha commented ·

Thanks for your suggestion, we will update the docs in the future.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

You can try to solve your problem by following the steps in the email. And since we are not experts in Google Play services, you can seek professional support from the Google support team. Also, here are two posts with the same problem as yours: Action Needed | OAuth Google Cloud platform | multiple unique domains - Stack Overflow and Google oAuth domain issue with our SaaS multitenant webapi - Stack Overflow, you can take a look.

1 comment
10 |1200

Jeremy Rose avatar image Jeremy Rose commented ·

Thanks for the reply. I know your not experts but you do offer a service that is supposed to work with google play services. So either this should be possible or not. And since there is no way to not do it without having multiple domains. Without adding other proxy and redirect servers.

But after emailing them again and pointing out that the other URL is playfab a backend provider. I think maybe they have moved on and sent me another email with something else they didn't like.

Overall google has been a horrible experience from their side. Steam and ios was 100x easier.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Please note if you are only using Google Play Services but not Google account then please do not follow Setting up PlayFab authentication using Google Play games sign-in in Unity. This tutorial is actually written for LoginWithGoogleAccount API.

To login with Google Play Games, please refer to Google Play Games plugin for Unity and the use LoginWithGooglePlayGamesServices API.

1 comment
10 |1200

Jeremy Rose avatar image Jeremy Rose commented ·

Yes, I have everything setup using the latest GooglePlayGamesServices API. Everything is working. Its trying to get the OAuth screen live is giving many headaches.

The worst part is I don't even know if its necessary. Its never shown as far as I know. I login with the Android SDK, pass the info to playfab. You do a server login. The consent page is never shown.

Google's whole OAuth and App submission process is extremely unclear and frustrating.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.