question

lewisfallows12 avatar image
lewisfallows12 asked

Question on reconnecting to servers

Hi there,

I'm just wondering how do the server works for PlayFab? If I have a player in a server and they leave, can they not re-enter that same server? I've realised that if I was to enter a server, leave that same server, and then I try to enter the same server again, it gives me an error, it fails to join.

But if I was to try joining again with some extra servers in standby, it allows me to connect. Is there something in the docs that allows reconnecting, or is it an issue with the player just not being cleaned up from the server on my end when they leave?

Thanks

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Usually, after a player leave the server, they can reconnect to that server using the previous IP and port if the server is still active. What was the error detail you received? How did your players reconnect to the server?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.