question

Benjamin Bennett avatar image
Benjamin Bennett asked

Azure cloud functions are timing out randomly

For the past 2 hours a few Azure functions have been timing out (exceeding 10000 MS)

I haven't made any changes to these scripts in awhile, but this issue is recent as of a few hours ago.

No one is able to play the game currently.

Is there an outage with PlayFab functions?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The execution time of Azure Functions triggered by ExecuteFunction is limited to 10 seconds. If any operation takes too long, it may cause the Azure Functions timeout. Have you integrated any third-party functions in your Azure Functions? You can follow Local debugging for Cloudscript using Azure Functions - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to debug your Azure Functions to see if any operation caused the timeout.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Benjamin Bennett avatar image Benjamin Bennett commented ·

No it just was random. Seems fine now, but I've been getting periodic outages on my scripts without any updates to them. They all just use typical PlayFab calls. One of the one's timing out was literally just getting 1 player value and returning it. It was definitely some kind of outage because it ended up correcting itself without any input from me.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Benjamin Bennett commented ·

Glad to hear it's fine now, please keep monitoring this issue and feel free to let us know if it comes up again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Benjamin Bennett avatar image Benjamin Bennett Gosen Gao commented ·

It happens at least once a week, but only on my multiplayer server (which uses the C# SDK not the Unity SDK).

No idea what's causing it, but I think I'll probably stop using the PlayFabServerAPI.ExecuteCloudScript call and just run the API directly from the MP Server since I don't really need cloud script there.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.