question

Haris Sevinc avatar image
Haris Sevinc asked

Requesting MP Server In Short Time

Hi there,

After request server succesfully if i need request server again, gives error as

LogPlayFab: Response : {"code":429,"status":"TooManyRequests","retryAfterSeconds":1,"error":"MultiplayerServerTooManyRequests","errorCode":1380,"errorMessage":"MultiplayerServerTooManyRequests - NoHostsAvailableInRegion - No Hosts available in regions 'NorthEurope', please retry."}

But after a few mins its success. For example;

What if 5 different players requests server in this limited time, they will fail?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

RequestMultiplayerServer API will request for a new instance and ask PlayFab to turn a Standby server to Active. This error will occur when there is 0 standby server. To avoid this error, you can increase standby server, maximum server, increase the value of Server Per Machine (in server build configuration page) or increase VM quota.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Haris Sevinc avatar image Haris Sevinc commented ·

Thanks for answer but im having this error while there free server. Also i'm getting success after a few mins

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi Haris Sevinc commented ·

When you call the API RequestMultiplayerServer, your game server state will change from standby to active. And if there is 0 standby server, you call RequestMultiplayerServer again, this error will occur. Can you tell me more about "there free server"? Multiplayer Servers includes a free but limited capacity of simultaneous cores, it is commonly used to evaluate the building of multiplayer server games. So, we suggest you increase standby server, maximum server, increase the value of Server Per Machine (in server build configuration page) or increase VM quota.

0 Likes 0 ·
dsousa avatar image dsousa Neils Shi commented ·

I have been experiencing this same issue. I am currently using 10 Servers Per Machine, and I have this issue even when only 1 or 0 of those are active. I worked around this temporarily by having a loop run RequestMultiplayerServer until it succeeds, since after a minute or so it will eventually work again, but this can sometimes be a very slow and intensive solution. Do you know of any reason why this error would happen when I am certain that I have standby servers available?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.