question

hipposoft3 avatar image
hipposoft3 asked

Can I use the google account login only? Not the deviceID login

Hi.

I'm trying to make login. And I think only google account login is enough for my game. Don't have guest login thing. But I saw the best practice that do silent login first and then link the google account with that already silently logined playfab account.

So, I got some questions.

Should I always use android deviceID login first? (using android_id)

If I use only the google account login process for my android game, there would be any cons, like that I wouldn't be able to use some Playfab features? And would the users be able to login to my game from mutilple devices using the same google account?

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

Yes, you can use google account login only and all PlayFab features can be used as same as other login methods. The users are surely able to login to your game from multiple devices using the same google account. For more information, please refer to this document: Setting up PlayFab authentication using Google and HTML5 - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 answered

Sure. You can design your login any way you want.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.