question

dev@bepex.xyz avatar image
dev@bepex.xyz asked

How to get all user's current player data?

Currently, the game we are developing is preparing for a small beta test. When the test is over, I want to show the statistics for the options that the user has used so far. I can think of a way to get it on PlayStream, but it doesn't seem to be a wise way. I need help with this. Thank you.

Player DataLeaderboards and Statisticstest
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi commented ·

I am not quite understanding about what you mean by “When the test is over, I want to show the statistics for the options that the user has used so far.” Can you explain more about your scenario, so I can do some research? May I know which kind of data you want to retrieve? For one player or for all players?

0 Likes 0 ·
dev@bepex.xyz avatar image dev@bepex.xyz Neils Shi commented ·

I'm going to make a graph of the options set by the user. Like PlayFab Data Explorer. So I need all user's (or data collection target users) data of currently selecting option.

Therefore,I need option settings data from all users (or users to whom data is collected).

ex) Count of all users selecte graphic option ultra.

Maybe it write in player title data.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Since PlayFab doesn’t provide APIs to get data from all players, if you need users specific data to do the analyzation, the Playstream should help. You can generate PlayStream events about the users selected options, so that you can use Data Explorer(advanced) to collect the data. To query the data you want, you can refer to this document. You say you want to make a graph of the options, you can also use the render operator to implement it. Note that the event history keeps only 30 days of data. Alternatively, you can store the data in Player Data(Title) and implement a Scheduled Task to execute Azure Functions for all players to process that data one by one.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.